Anglin hosted a ‘Serve Day’ to connect employees with local non-profits. Employees completed a variety of service projects in COVID-friendly ways to support the community in Huntsville and Pensacola, Florida.
House of Harvest Canned Food Drive
Employees collected canned food items November 1 – November 13 to benefit Food Bank of North Alabama. On November 13, ‘Serve Day’, a group of employees delivered the boxes of canned food items to this local non-profit.
Water Bottles for Local Title 1 School
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, water fountains are off-limits at schools. Children are asked to bring reusable water bottles and refill them at fill stations throughout the school. Not all of the students at MLK Elementary School had reusable water bottles, so Anglin employees wanted to help them fill this need. On ‘Serve Day’, Anglin employees delivered reusable water bottles to the children at this elementary school.
“Anglin employees who volunteered their time and services during our annual ‘Serve Day’ showed their commitment to our local communities. It’s encouraging to see our Anglin team coming together to support the greater good during this uncertain time,” says Gary Anglin, Managing Partner.
The Anglin team also served the following non-profits by completing a variety of projects on ‘Serve Day’:
– Hydroponic garden care
Village of Promise
– Helped catalog and re-shelve books in their library
– Assembled One Table bags to support the Village of Promise annual fundraiser
– Helped build outdoor art boards
305 8th Street
– Garden bed clean up
– Helped with small maintenance projects, such as; replacing screws, light bulbs, and organizing laundry closet.
– Wrote pen pal letters to 305 8th Street residents
Furget Me Not Animal Rescue
– Created bandanas to help dogs get adopted from shelters
– Organized the shoe closet at MLK Jr. Elementary
– Completed yardwork at patients’ homes
Huntsville Police West Precinct
– Packaged COVID-friendly snacks and notes to be delivered to officers
In addition to ‘Serve Day’ on November 13, The Anglin team located in Pensacola, Florida has supported the local community with Hurricane Sally clean-up through Council on Aging of North West Florida, and has volunteered with the Manna Food Pantry and Humane Society Pet Drive this year.